Monday, December 21, 2009

Tis the Season

Christmas cheer.  Parties.  Happiness flying, penetrating every crack.  Laughter.  Food (so much food!).  Tears (because death comes even at Christmas).  Exhaustion.  Presents.  Hurry.  Cookies.  Love.  Thanksgiving.  Joy.  Singing--off-key, on-key, doesn't-matter-what-key.

Vision.  A little bit of anxiety that death will come too quickly and the to-do list will not be finished.  Dreams.  Calendars.  Clocks.  Yes, I will be happy to.  No, I'm sorry, I can't.  I would love to, but.  Focus.  This next year, I will (fill-in-the-blank).

Then, out of it all, a nugget emerges.  One of those moments that catches your soul off-guard and brings tears of clarity raining down your face.

You may just say, "What?  What's the big deal about that?  The Shock lady is a little bit too dramatic for me."

That's okay.

Because, then again, maybe you WON'T say that.  Maybe it will explode in your heart, too.

Read it and watch the whole 5 minutes of the video:  http://bit.ly/7oQ921

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading back through your blogs to catch up on what I've missed...couldn't get this video to play...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. That's a shame. It was a video of Carlos Whittaker (Ragamuffin Soul) singing in a park and a homeless man joining him and just getting lost in the worship. A wonderfully cool video. I hate they have removed it. I went to his blog and couldn't find it, either...

    So sorry!

    ReplyDelete