Saturday, February 13, 2010

Eat This Book: Doing Produces Desire

Eat This Book is a six-week course exploring How to Study the Bible.  I will be teaching 2 one-hour classes each week for six weeks beginning this Tuesday/Wednesday.  (They are the same class).  Those taking the class are encouraged to participate in this blog discussion as well as any who cannot attend but are following along through the blog postings.

(I do ask that if you are attending the class in person, please do not get ahead of the postings by bringing up a topic that may have been covered in class but has not yet been addressed in the blog postings.)

I will not be posting any of the first lesson until after the Wednesday class has met, but would like to share some interesting introductory material that I may or may not have time to get to in class.

I have compiled much of the material from other sources, and have added my own practices and observations, also.  I have tried as diligently as possible to acknowledge any other sources when they have been used.

Disclaimer:  I am just a fellow sojourner on this journey toward becoming a disciple of Christ.  This study has once again reminded me of how far short I fall.  I have convicted my own self through my study and am in the process of practicing what I will be preaching.

I have been reminded one more time that the more I learn, the more I want to learn.

The more I study, the more I want to study.

The more I read the Word, the more I want to read the Word.

Doing produces desire.

And I intensely desire to know His living Word.

Is anybody with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment