Saturday, November 26, 2011

day 3 - settling in

It's inevitable. Tiny snippets of routine are creeping quietly back into the day. Putting the coffeepot back in its spot by the sink. Picking up clothes thrown over the backs of chairs. Sweeping by the back door.

Sunday comes again in a few hours which means Full Court Press in a parson's house.

But the "something" is still in the atmosphere. The awareness of the fact The Season is here. It's routine, but not. It's familiar, but not. It's normal, but not.

The fire is just a little cozier on this rainy Saturday. Enough slowness remains for deeper reflection and communion in the early morning God-talk. Intentional naming of Blessing #3 of the Year makes the me-focus just a little bit blurrier than normal. Family cords feel tighter, friendships feel stronger, and "it's gonna be alright after all" is persistently creeping in through the cracks.

Personal epiphany: this is His party--His festival--and He is happier than any of us that it is happening! He says, "Rest. Think. Dream. Thank. Eat. Laugh. Enjoy. And let Me take part with you..."

I know also, my God, that thou triest the heart, and has pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of mine heart I have willingly offered all these things: and now have I seen with joy thy people, which are present here, to offer willingly unto thee.
~ 1 Chronicles 29:17

2 comments:

  1. Sis. Melanie. I am so excited to have found this blog. What a treasure!! I intend to share with my apostolic friends. Thank you for being a beautiful apostolic lady--inside and out.
    Cheryl D. Pollock
    Slagle, Louisiana
    Ben Pollock UPCI Evangelistic Ministries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cheryl.

    I wonder who disagreed with the post? And why? If you feel comfortable stating why, I would like to know. You can post anonymously, if you like. :-)

    ReplyDelete